For each cup of Grandma Lucy’s add 1-2 cups of warm water, mix and serve, ready in 3 minutes.
How to introduce Grandma Lucy’s to your Pets Transition Instructions –
Most pets transition from their current food to Grandma Lucy’s within 7-10 days. Here at Grandma Lucy’s we believe that the slower the better when it comes to transitioning your pet as it always yields the most favorable results. Starting with small amounts of Grandma Lucy’s initially and gradually increasing the amount over time.
It’s important to remember that during a transition some digestive upset may occur and is normal – this typically shows up in diarrhea, constipation or (very rarely) vomiting. This will subside as your pet becomes used to the new food.
Start off by mixing a very small amount of the new food, with your pet’s original diet. For extremely sensitive pets, as little as a tablespoon of new food is fine but for most pets you can feed about one quarter new food with three quarters of the old to begin with.
Continue with this amount for the next couple of meals and if no signs of digestive upset occur, you can gradually begin increasing the ratio, so that you are feeding half and half original and new food. Feed this for a couple more meals and then phase out the old food completely so that a complete transition has been made.
Ideally, if you’ve brought home a new puppy or adopted a rescue dog, continue feeding the food he was eating in his former home for the first week or so, because new surroundings (even those much nicer than he was experiencing before) can trigger slight anxiety, which may make your pup more prone to digestive upset anyway. Similarly, it’s best to avoid new foods when away from home on road trips, or when you’re out of town and someone else is caring for your pet. Instead, make the change when most other aspects of your pet’s life are calm and settled.
– Breed Size – Suitable for All Breeds, Small, Medium, Large
– Food Form – Dehydrated, Freeze-Dried
– Lifestage – Adult, All Stages
– Made in United States
– Puppy Friendly – Yes
– Special Diet – GMO-Free, Grain-Free
Since 1999, Grandma Lucy’s has maintained a reputation for making only the best pet treats and are constantly developing new products packed with leading-edge nutrition and innovative design. That is why when you choose any of Grandma Lucy’s many products; you know you are making the right choice for your pet.
– Easy to prepare freeze-dried recipe: just add warm water, mix and serve. Ready in just 3 minutes!
– With premium ingredients like USDA chicken that is hormone and antibiotic free, potato, flaxseed, apples, blueberries, and cranberries
– A great option for pets prone to food sensitivities and digestive upset. Rich in natural omega fatty acids that help maintain a healthy skin and coat and healthy joints
– All natural, with no grains, by-products, preservatives or GMOs
– Provides complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages
– No Refrigeration Required
– Re-sealable Bag for added freshness